Chewy Cashew Toffee Cookies
Toffee cookies with roasted cashews and toffee bits baked right in.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 50 cookies
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped dry-roasted salted cashews
- 1 cup toffee baking bits I used Heath brand
Preheat oven to 375º F. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium speed about 30 seconds. Beat in sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt until combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
Slowly beat in flour; if too thick mix final parts with a wooden spoon. Stir in cashew and toffee pieces.
Drop dough onto large parchment lined baking sheet roughly 2-inches apart. Use a heaping teaspoon as a measurement. They'll spread out, but cookies shouldn't be too large. Bake 8–10 minutes until edges are slightly browned. Cool on baking sheet slightly then transfer cookies to a cooling rack. Bake in multiple batches if needed.
- If you find the cookies dough to sticky to spoon onto a baking sheet then place it in the fridge to firm up for 5-10 minutes.
- Use a heaped teaspoon to measure out the cookies. They spread out whilst baking and shouldn't be too large. Using an ice cream scoop for example would be too large.
- Make sure to line your baking tray to stop the cookies from sticking.
- Cool on the baking sheet then on a cooling rack after baking.
- You can store the cookies in cookie tins or other suitable containers for up to 1 week (possibly longer) or freeze them for later.
Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 95mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1.3% | Calcium: 1.1% | Iron: 2.6%