Udon Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
Sweet, tangy and slightly spicy peanut sauce adds a creamy coating to this fresh recipe. Roasted peanuts and fresh cilantro for garnish adds crunch and rounds out all the flavors.
Prep Time 8 minutes
Cook Time 7 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- ¼ cup peanut butter smooth or creamy
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 10- ounces uncooked udon noodles
- 1 carrot cut into julienne strips
- 1 medium red or yellow bell pepper cut into julienne strips
- 2 cups snow peas cut into julienne strips
- ½ cup dry roasted halved peanuts
- fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
Cook udon noodles according to package directions. Drain and place in ice cold water to cool (read cooking tips in section above for more detail)
To make sauce, in medium bowl add all ingredients from peanut butter to red pepper flakes. Stir well to combine.
In large bowl, combine cooled udon noodles and cut carrots, bell pepper and snow peas. Pour in peanut sauce and gently combine. Serve cold and garnish with peanuts and cilantro.
Calories: 525kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1203mg | Potassium: 437mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 4085IU | Vitamin C: 68.3mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg