Spiced Caribbean Mule (Moscow Mule with Rum)
Spiced Caribbean Mule Cocktail includes ginger simple syrup, ginger beer, lime, and spiced rum.
Prep Time 3 minutes
Cook Time 4 minutes
Total Time 7 minutes
- ½ cup filtered water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger peeled and sliced
- 2 medium limes juiced
- 4 ounces Don Q Spiced Rum
- Crushed ice
- 4 ounces ginger beer
Note: Skip this step if you are using store-bought simple syrup. In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together water, sugar and half of ginger. Cook 3-5 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool (this will make extras for multiple drinks).
Muddle remaining ginger in a cocktail shaker and add 2-4 tablespoons simple syrup, lime juice, and rum.
Shake well, then strain into two copper mugs filled with crushed ice.
Top each with ginger beer and garnish with lime wedge.
- Use store-bought simple syrup if desired for a faster drink. However, it won't have as much ginger flavor.
- This recipe will provide extra simple syrup for multiple drinks.
- Crushed ice creates the best consistency for a mule cocktail, but regular ice cubes will work
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 62g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 68mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 55g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 19.5mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.5mg