Welcome to Plating Pixels, a food blog with easy weeknight recipes, healthy comfort food, and decadent desserts. Plating Pixels features hundreds of recipes with easily found ingredients, usually 10 ingredients or less. I love lightened-up and comfort food recipes, so you’ll find plenty of that.
My recipes are a mixture of traditional family favorites, seasonal items, and sure…that sounds tasty…let’s try to make it. The recipes here on the blog are all fully tested, easy to make and of course, yummy.
As far as the name Plating Pixels? I’ve always had a passion for food and photography, which naturally led to starting a food blog. With this blog I am literally plating pixels. In 2004 I started the blog, posted a few recipes, and haven’t stopped since.
I’ve been featured on sites such as Better Homes and Gardens, Prevention, Walmart, The Daily Meal, Buzzfeed, Paleo Hacks, Forkly, Udi’s Gluten Free, and The Inquirer Philly.com. I was also a winner of the Open Blue Cobia live cooking contest held in Charleston.
Photography has always been a hobby, so naturally I wanted to combine it with food. I’m a full-time graphic designer and my other passion is the kitchen. This love of food is a constant drive to keep learning how to make incredibly delicious recipes, and teach others in the process. I’ve grown up in the kitchen and home-cooked meals were an everyday occurance in our household. I was always in the kitchen mixing batter, forming the cookies (maybe eating some of it in the process), stirring the pot and doing anything I can to help and learn.
When I’m not behind a computer at my day job, cooking in the kitchen, or behind the computer for the blog, I’m hiking, spending time at the beach, at concerts, barbecuing with friends, and generally doing anything outdoors.
Cookbooks and cookbook magazines are a slight obsession. Currently we have an entire bookshelf for these, and it keeps growing. An easy way to start learning how to cook is by reading recipes and practicing. Once you become comfortable with that you can start modifying or even creating recipes of your own recipes from scratch.
Helpful features on Plating Pixels
Here’s a few things that will make your time here on the site more productive and interesting.
- All of my recipes can be easily found by category on the recipe index, or use the search bar in top menu
- The homepage and site-wide sidebar has a list of current trending and top recipes
- On that note, this how to bake chicken guide is usually at the top
- I’ve created a 30 Minutes to Healthy Eating ebook with lots of resources and some favorite recipes
- If you’re a food blogger (or want to be one) this How to Start a Food Blog guide may be helpful
Keeping in touch
- Sign up for the newsletter so you’ll never miss a recipe. Straight to your inbox. How easy is that?
- Following Plating Pixels on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for even more content
- Visit our contact page if you have any questions or just want to say hi
- If you are a brand or blogger, learn more about working with me