Keto Lemon Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls
Low-carb and healthy Lemon Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls are full of protein and clean ingredients without extra carbs or gluten.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil divided
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 stalks green onions sliced
- 4 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
- Juice and zest of one lemon
Pulse cauliflower in a food processor until fine and roughly the shape of rice. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in a skillet or large non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes until lightly browned.
Add chicken to pan and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Cook 7-10 minutes, rotating halfway, until browned and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and cover to keep warm.
Add chicken stock to pan and scrape bottom with a wooden spatula to loosen browned bits.
Reduce heat to medium and stir in cauliflower rice and green onions. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes, or until slightly tender.
Stir in spinach leaves, lemon juice and zest. Cook 2 minutes more until spinach is wilted.
Divide mixture into bowls and top with cooked chicken breast.
- Since you’re using clean and natural ingredients the quality of protein in this recipe is important. I recommend fresh organic chicken. These Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls are a simple way to add clean healthy eating to your daily routine.
- If you don’t have a food processor, use the grating method or chop cauliflower with a knife into small bits.
- You can also cook the cauliflower in florets if preferred.
- If you are watching your salt intake then go for homemade chicken stock or use a low sodium variety.
- Spinach can be replaced with kale or your preferred leafy greens.
- Leftovers are best eaten cold as a salad, it will store well in the fridge for around 2 days.
- For more tips on cooking chicken breast perfectly check out my guide here.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 390mg | Potassium: 770mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1950IU | Vitamin C: 40.5mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1.6mg