Lightened-up easy weeknight dinner in 30 minutes. Healthy Lemon Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls are full of protein and clean ingredients without extra carbs, plus it’s gluten free.
I’m a bit obsessed with quick and healthy meals. Anything 30 minutes or less but full of unique flavor is a winner in my book. Clean, wholesome, natural ingredients is a popular trend in homes today, including this one. Lightened up recipes have become the new comfort food. Lemon Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls are no exception. These “rice” bowls contain no rice, or grain-based carbs for that matter. Instead fiber and nutrient-rich cauliflower is the main base for this tasty lemon chicken dish.
Plus it’s loaded with protein for a complete meal that low in calories but oh so comforting. This one is definitely being added to my library of rotating healthy weeknight meals. Ideal for feeding a hungry family as an all-in-one meal, or as leftovers for smart travel lunches.
Making these Lemon Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls is as simple is pan searing chicken breast tenders in garlic and spices. Then use those flavorful bits to create a rich, savory and lemony sauce as a base to cook tender cauliflower and spinach leaves. You have the option to process into cauliflower rice or enjoy as florets. It all melds together into a wonderful, hearty and healthy dish.
Since you’re using clean and natural ingredients the quality of protein in this recipe is important. I recommend fresh organic chicken. These Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls are a simple way to add clean healthy eating to your daily routine.
Lemon Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls recipe at-a-glance:
Flavor profiles: Savory herbed chicken with a citrusy lemon sauce.
Texture: Tender cauliflower with moist chicken pieces.
Leave a comment below or star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Lemon Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 stalks green onions, sliced
- 4 cups packed fresh spinach leaves
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Heat olive oil in a skillet or large non-stick pan to medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add chicken to pan and sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper. Cook 7-10 minutes, rotating halfway, until browned and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and cover to keep warm.
- Add chicken stock to pan and scrape bottom with a wooden spatula to loosen browned bits.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in cauliflower florets and green onions. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes, or until slightly tender.
- Stir in spinach leaves, lemon juice and zest. Cook 2 minutes more until spinach is wilted. Divide evenly among bowls and top with cooked breast tenders.
Note: Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens: Chicken. 2016. Print.