Lightened Up Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
Gluten free Lightened Up Banana Oatmeal Pancakes make a quick and easy healthy breakfast. Made with wholesome ingredients including oats, almond flour, olive oil, milk, banana, honey and egg.
It’s almost spring season and that also means basketball season. Any sports game is a reason to gather, and more importantly eat good food. While you’re probably used to the typical appetizers and snacks, I’ve found another excuse to cook food with friends. These Lightened Up Banana Oatmeal Pancakes can be part of a Basketball Brunch.
Be as creative as you’d like and also take some liberties. Even simple elements like oranges (looks like a basketball) adds a nice decorative element to any table. The main highlight would be these banana oatmeal pancakes. A lightened up gluten free recipe made with wholesome ingredients like milk, oats, rice flour, olive oil, egg and banana. It’s a powerhouse of flavor as well as nutrients. The oats add a chewy, tender texture to these light and fluffy pancakes.
Fore even more basketball flair, mix together peanut butter and oatmeal to make a thick frosting-like sauce. Use a piping bag or sandwich bag with the corner cut to create that iconic basketball pattern. Your guests will be amazed and excited for these basketball themed Banana Oatmeal Pancakes.
Another pairing for the game is Frontera Wines. They have varieties such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. In keeping with the party theme, Frontera has unique wine cocktail recipes including this Chardonnay Al Fresco. It’s a wine-tini made with chardonnay, lime juice, simple syrup and muddled cucumber. Make every moment tasty with Frontera wines, and serve them during your favorite game and viewing parties.
Plus right now show your team spirit and enter the Frontera Wines Game Day Sweepstakes to win a 55-inch HDTV. You’ll have an even better viewing experience for all you sports games, while enjoying these Lightened Up Banana Oatmeal Pancakes.
Lightened Up Banana Oatmeal Pancakes recipe at-a-glance:
Flavor profiles: Fruity and slightly sweet oatmeal in a pancake.
Texture: Thick, fluffy pancakes with crisp outside.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 ½ cups almond or rice flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a medium bowl stir together milk and oats. Soak for 5 minutes. Stir in egg, olive oil, honey and banana.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into liquid mixture just until combined (use more or less flour to reach desired thickness).
- Preheat large non-stick pan to medium heat, lightly grease. Add batter (about ¼ cup per pancake) to pan. Cook 2-3 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through.
- Mix together peanut butter and maple syrup. Pipe or spread over waffles and serve.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and post it on Instagram and tag @platingpixels or hashtag #platingpixels
Share or Pin this recipe if you like it. Thanks! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.