Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats
Delicious, nutritious, gluten free breakfast that tastes like dessert. Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats with oats, almond milk, chocolate powder, peanut butter, strawberry and banana.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CarnationSweepstakes #BetterBreakfast #CollectiveBias
Within this recipe post you’ll make nutritious gluten free vegetarian chocolate and strawberry overnight oats. Plus you’ll learn the basics of overnight oats to make you own endless flavor combinations.
I’ve been working on a morning routine and balanced breakfasts has always been part of that. I may not always get out of be as early as I’d like (I’m working on that by hitting snooze less), but do always save time to enjoy a nutritious breakfast. One way to save a bit of time and still have your breakfast each morning is overnight oats. How about gluten free Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats to start your day?
Overnight oats takes just a few minutes to prep, then refrigerate overnight (hence the name) and it’s ready to go the next day. You can make a large batch and enjoy over a few days as well. Besides my usual smoothies, overnight oats are my next favorite breakfast.
It’s full of balanced nutrients like protein, fiber, complex carbs and vitamins, without much calories or sugars. On top of that it tastes like dessert without any added sugars. Sweetened almond milk and fresh fruits like banana provides plenty of sweetness.
You may wonder where the chocolate in these Chocolate Strawberry Overnight Oats comes in. I used Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Chocolate Powder. It has added protein and vitamins that’s part of a nutritious morning. Also try the Ready-to-Drink Bottles. I encourage you to try a 7-Day Nutritious Breakfast Challenge. Not only will you feel better, you can win prizes as well! Find details below the recipe.
Cooking Tips: How to make overnight oats and the ideal ratio of oats to water
Overnight oats are simple and completely customizable once you know the basics. You want roughly a 1:1 ratio of oats to liquid. So if you have 1 cup of oats, add 1 cup of almond milk for example. You can add any mix-ins and it won’t change the ratio much.
For this recipe I used slightly less oats since I like a bit of liquid leftover. Experiment and find your favorite ratio and flavors.
Difficulty: Super easy
Flavor profiles: Sweet and rich chocolate oats paired with sweet banana and slightly tart strawberries.
Texture: Soft and chewy oats, without cooking!
Dietary Options/Substitutions: This recipe is gluten-free, vegatarian and dairy-free. Omit peanut butter and use soy milk if allergic to nuts.
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 3 tablespoons Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Chocolate Powder
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 4 large strawberries, diced
- Place almond milk, Carnation Chocolate Powder and peanut butter in a large mason jar. Seal and shake well to combine (if using a bowl or container, mix well with a whisk). Add in oats, banana and strawberry; stir or shake to combine.
- Seal and refrigerate overnight to soften oats. Serve cold or heat if desired (I prefer it cold).
If you make this recipe, take a photo and post it on Instagram and tag @platingpixels or hashtag #platingpixels
Share or Pin this recipe if you like it. Thanks! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Carnation Breakfast Essentials® is available at your local Walmart Neighborhood Market. Plus details below to enter their sweepstakes:
Ready to get started? Follow these easy steps:
1. Sign up at CarnationBreakfastChallenge.com.
2. Complete a simple yet fun breakfast mission for a chance to win. New prizes will be revealed every day!
3. Come back any day in February to complete missions and see new prizes. The prizes range from a Fitbit to a GoPro and other awesome stuff!
4. Head to your favorite store to purchase a Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Nutritional Product and upload your receipt for five extra entries per day.