Dark Chocolate Mocha Breakfast Bread
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BrewToPerfection #MrCoffeeDay #CollectiveBias
Easy homemade Dark Chocolate Mocha Breakfast Bread. Moist baked bread that includes dark cocoa powder, fresh brewed coffee, milk, olive oil and dark chocolate chips. Slightly sweet and full of rich flavor.
Coffee is one thing I can never get enough of. It’s gotten to the point where I’m adding it to my own baked goods. Well maybe that’s not a bad thing actually, since it lead to this Dark Chocolate Mocha Breakfast Bread. Coffee is a daily habit and that’s not only because of the caffeine boost. The ritual of brewing it, the taste and the social aspect around coffee make it one of my favorite beverages.
This mocha breakfast bread is based off another unique breakfast bread recipe I shared a while back. It resembles a brownie, especially while in batter form, but with much less sugar and closer to a cake-like consistency. It’s just sweet enough to complement the dark chocolate and coffee flavors, yet you can enjoy it in the morning with your favorite cup. It’s plenty rich with dark baking cocoa, dark chocolate chips and strong fresh brewed coffee.
When it comes to coffee, I enjoy it in all forms—including regular brew, french press, cold brew and espresso. For an easy cup of coffee and an ingredient in this recipe, I used the Mr. Coffee® 12-Cup Programmable Advanced Coffee Brew Coffee Maker. Right now Save $5 on all Mr. Coffee® Coffeemakers and Espresso Units over $29 at Walmart.
The coffee maker conveniently brews a large amount of coffee at once, includes a strong brew setting, delayed start timer, and a smart sensor that shuts off brewing when you remove the pot to pour a cup mid-brew.
It’s National Coffee Month, so there’s no better time to drink coffee or bake it into treats like this Dark Chocolate Mocha Breakfast Bread. With only a handful of ingredients and minutes of prep, this comforting breakfast bread is perfect with your morning cup.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram? Also sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark baking cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ⅝ cup strong brewed coffee, room temp
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup light olive oil
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Form a well in center and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, coffee, milk and olive oil. Pour into flour mixture and stir just until moist and combined. Fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x4x3-inch loaf pan. Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes, remove from pan and slice. Store leftovers in a sealed container in fridge.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and post it on Instagram and tag @platingpixels or hashtag #platingpixels
Share or Pin this recipe if you like it. Thanks! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Look for this product in the kitchen appliance section of your local Walmart.