This easy homemade Vegan Cashew and Coconut Oil Granola includes oats, coconut oil, coconut flakes, dried apricots, cocoa nibs and protein powder for a healthy, wholesome breakfast.
As I approach almost 300 recipes on the blog, I’ve come a long way since day one in recipe development, cooking and photography. With this many recipes (plus all the testing and ones that don’t end up on the blog), it’s helped to define my culinary style and cooking preference. At the beginning, I didn’t even have a clue what my niche was and pretty much posted anything.
To be honest, it’s still a bit like that, but with a focus on lightened up, healthy comfort foods. Of course there’s the occasional desserts and decadent appetizers to keep things fun. I was surprised when I realized I’ve never created my own granola, let alone post it here. So this Vegan Cashew and Coconut Oil Granola is my first foray into the world of granola, and won’t be the last.
Homemade granolas are quick and incredibly easy. Just assemble the ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined. Spread out on a baking sheet, and bake to dry out and crisp. This coconut oil granola is healthy, vegan and uses only natural agave syrup and molasses for added sweetness. Ingredients like cashews, sunflower seeds and dried apricots add plenty of nutrients, as well as texture variety.
I suggested added protein with your favorite protein powder, making this granola is a great way to fuel up in the morning, during a hike or post-workout. Try it as snack, as cereal or over yogurt for a quick and healthy granola you can enjoy anytime.
Vegan Cashew and Coconut Oil Granola recipe at-a-glance:
Flavor profiles: Sweet, salty, fruity and toasted
Texture: Crispy, crunchy and chewy
Leave a comment below or star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Vegan Cashew and Coconut Oil Granola
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup cashew pieces
- ½ cup protein powder, vanilla flavor
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- ⅓ cup agave syrup
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup cocoa nibs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine all ingredients except salt in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Evenly spread granola mixture onto a rimmed, parchment-lined baking sheet. Lightly sprinkle with sea salt. Bake 6 minutes, then stir and bake 6 minutes more or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool completely. It will harden once cooled. Break up and store in a jar or airtight container.