Easy homemade Deviled Egg Cracker Bites. Creamy deviled egg mix of hard boiled eggs, mayo, white vinegar, mustard and spices served over crackers.
Classic recipes and comfort foods always have a place in my heart, but sometimes a unique spin can keep things fresh. Classic deviled eggs are always a hit when it comes to appetizers or potlucks. Plus you can add all kinds of ingredients to them such as bacon, avocado, spices and herbs to make them your own. But what about the concept of deviled eggs themselves? A fun way to change them up completely is with these Deviled Egg Cracker Bites.
How to make deviled eggs
The most basic way to make deviled eggs is mixing hard boiled eggs, mayo, vinegar, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper. To keep this recipe basic and let the flavors shine through I’ve kept it at that. But feel free to experiment or use your favorite combination of ingredients.
Eggs are one of my favorite foods, yet they’re most often confined to breakfast recipes. Hard boiled eggs are an easy way to enjoy them as a snack, salad or in other lunch-themed recipes. Boiling them is pretty straight-forward, but if you have sous vide, I recommend that for perfect doneness. You’ll find the ideal temp and time in the recipe below.
Now it’s time for the twist. Take the entire appetizer, egg whites and all, mash them up and serve them over crackers. A simple concept that reveals a fun and tasty result. No longer are deviled eggs bound to resting inside of an egg white. Serve these Deviled Egg Cracker Bites at your next gathering, barbecue or potluck as a unique spin on this classic recipe.
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Deviled Egg Cracker Bites
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup organic mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package whole-wheat crackers
- Place eggs in a large pot, covered with at least 2 inches of water. Heat on high to a full boil, then turn off heat immediately. Cover and leave over burner 10-12 minutes.
- Remove eggs from warm water and submerge in an ice bath until completely cooled.
- Remove shells and slice eggs in half. Place all yolks and 6-9 of the whites in a medium bowl (less whites will be more creamy). Discard or eat remaining whites.
- Mash eggs with a potato masher to reach desired consistency. Add remaining ingredients and stir together.
- Scoop desired amount of egg salad over crackers, garnish with additional paprika and serve.