These Apple Streusel Muffins are a great way to welcome fall with seasonal baking. Moist muffins that include whole-wheat flour, brown sugar, apple, sour cream, creamer, and a streusel topping.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser to make these Apple Streusel Muffins. All opinions are mine alone. #DunkinCreamers #CollectiveBias
If the majority of seasonal recipes filling up my feeds wasn’t enough of an indication, the recent first day of fall makes it official. While I miss summer, I’m just as excited about fall this year. A couple recent heat waves of over 100° weekends makes the cooler days even more welcome. Along with crisp air, autumn colored leaves and shorter days, comes seasonal fall recipes and baked goods. Recipes like this Apple Streusel Muffins is just what I hand in mind.
Fall ingredients like apples, pears, figs and pumpkin, as well as spices like cinnamon, clove and nutmeg will be included in many upcoming recipes. Apple Streusel Muffins have a few of these, and are a unique way to enjoy your fall mornings with a cup of coffee. I consider muffins more of a decadent breakfast treat than an everyday staple. These have substituted ingredients so you can enjoy them even more.
This decadent muffin includes whole wheat flour, egg, fresh apples and flax seeds. I’ve also used sour cream and olive oil instead of vegetable oil. The entire batch of muffins only includes ⅓ cup of brown sugar—another fall favorite.
To go with your coffee pairing, and to add some additional unique sweetness, it also includes Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer. Made with real sugar, milk and cream for a rich and smooth taste. It’s extra creamy and extra flavorful. There’s also Caramel and Vanilla flavors. These versatile creamers are perfect way to add flavor to your morning cup.
With seasonal fall ingredients, these Apple Streusel Muffins are quick and easy to make. Enjoy them as a weekend treat or anytime paired with a cup of coffee. The moist, fluffy and perfectly sweet muffins, with apples and spice, are a welcome part of fall season.
More apple recipes to go with these Apple Streusel Muffins:
Leave a comment below or star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Lightened Up Apple Streusel Muffins
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup Dunkin’ Donuts® Extra Extra Creamer
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, light
- 1 cup apple (1 large), peeled, shredded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, chilled
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease a twelve, 2 ½-inch muffin pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flours, brown sugar, baking powder, clove, cinnamon and salt. Make a well in center of mixture and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, creamer, sour cream and olive oil until combined. Pour into dry mixture and stir just until moist. Batter should be thick, but slightly runny. Fold in shredded apples. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each about ¾ full.
- In a small bowl combine pecans, flax seed and brown sugar. Use a pastry knife or your fingers to cut in butter, until mixture is combined and has coarse crumbs. Sprinkle onto center of batter in each cup. Bake 18-20 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack 5-10 minutes, run a knife along edges to remove, and serve warm with coffee.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens: Fall Baking. 2014. Print.
Look for Dunkin’ Donuts® Creamers in the creamer section of your local Walmart market. Learn more about the products here.