This Mushroom Tart Recipe is absolutely gorgeous and delicious. It’s made with a simple mixture of fragrant sauteed onion, garlic, and mushrooms, melted Italian cheeses, and crisp, golden puff pastry dough. With only 15 minutes of prep, this decadent, yet easy mushroom tart is ready in less than 30 minutes.
This post is sponsored by Jus-Rol.
It’s perfect for easy weeknight dinners, a snack, or a beautiful appetizer for parties. Hopefully, you and your guests are a fan of mushrooms, because this tart is loaded with rich, mushroom flavor piled on top of crisp puff pastry dough.
Mushroom Tart Ingredients
- Sliced Baby Bella mushrooms
- Diced yellow onion
- Minced garlic
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Dough
- Shredded Italian cheese blend
- Egg, to help brown the dough edges
How to Make the Tart
Making this Mushroom Tart is incredibly easy. Start by sauteing mushrooms and onion until browned and fragrant. Add in garlic, fresh thyme, salt, and pepper. Top an unrolled puff pastry sheet with shredded cheese, then the mushroom mixture. Bake until golden and crisp. Cut into squares and serve.
Dough for Mushroom Tart
For this tart, I recommend puff pastry dough for a crisp, flaky, and golden crust.
To make this recipe even easier, I recommend using Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Dough. This flaky, layered dough is ready to bake at any moment. Unlike traditional puff pastry dough, you find in the freezer that needs to be defrosted, this refrigerated dough is ready for baking when you are.
It’s available in the refrigerated dairy case at a grocery store near you. Also look for their Round & Thin Pizza Crust, Family Size Pizza Crust, Flatbread Dough & Pie Crust.
Jus-Rol makes it easy to make impressive appetizers, entrees, and desserts. It’s perfect for savory recipes like this Mushroom Tart, as well as sweet recipes. It’s Non-GMO, with no artificial flavors or colors, high fructose corn syrup, or bleached flour. It’s also vegan and vegetarian-friendly.
Tips for this Recipe
- Saute the mushrooms until browned, and liquids have evaporated. It may seem like a lot of mushrooms, but they’ll shrink plenty
- Be sure to use the parchment paper under the puff pastry dough to prevent sticking
- Scoring the edge of the dough helps the edge puff. Pricking the center of the dough before baking allows steam to release and prevents the center from puffing
- The egg wash helps to brown the edges
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Mushroom Tart Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4-6 cups sliced Baby Bella mushrooms, about 16-ounces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 sheet Jus-Rol™ Puff Pastry Dough
- 8- ounces shredded Italian cheese blend, or Mozzarella
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Remove the Puff Pastry Dough from the fridge at let sit at room temp.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a pan to medium heat. Add onions and saute until fragrant and slightly translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are browned and have released liquids, then the liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and thyme and cook 2 minutes more. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet on a baking sheet, keeping the parchment on the bottom to prevent sticking. Score the edges using a sharp knife, leaving a 1-inch border. Then use a fork to prick the center puff pastry sheet every 2 to 3 inches.
- Top the puff pastry with grated cheese, leaving the 1-inch border of dough, followed by the sauteed mushrooms and onion mixture.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the dough border with the beaten egg to help with browning.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until the puff pastry edges are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool 2-3 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
Such a delicious tart recipe! I used it as an appetizer and it was g bit hit.
Love all the flavors in this mushroom tart and that it’s so easy to make. Can’t wait to dig in.
I was looking for a recipe like this, thank you for sharing! I can’t wait to try it soon!
This tasted amazing. What a great recipe. So easy and everyone loved it.
This looks lovely. I make something very similar it always goes down a treat. I will definitely be trying this one, I really like the sound of mozzarella in there.