If you’re looking for a wholesome Mexican-themed recipe, these Chili Lime Grilled Chicken Bowls might be an essential addition to your grilling menu. 8-hour marinated grilled chili lime chicken is the star of this chicken bowl recipe that’s loaded with other goodies, such as pinto beans, lettuce, avocado, cheese, and sour cream.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms. All opinions are 100% mine.
These Chili Lime Grilled Chicken Bowls cut out lots of carbs without the use of tortillas and make a complete meal in a bowl. You can modify how you like and add or remove any ingredients. Of course, you’ll want to keep the chili lime grilled chicken.
Chili Lime Grilled Chicken
The marinade is modified from my easy Grilled Chicken Fajitas recipe. Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need for the marinade.
- Limes, freshly juiced
- Olive oil
- Chopped cilantro leaves
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
To make the marinade, simply stir together all ingredients and toss with chicken in a large sealed bag or bowl. Store it in the fridge to marinate.
Tips for Marinating the Chicken
I suggest 8 hours for the best flavor. To make this recipe easy, plan ahead and prep the chicken in the morning. Then go about your normal day and grill in the evening for a delicious, wholesome weeknight dinner.
If you’re in a time pinch, you could marinate the chicken breast for 1 to two hours, but the flavor won’t be nearly as infused.
What Type of Chicken to Use
For guaranteed delicious, juicy chicken I recommend Foster Farms Simply RaisedⓇ Free Range Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets. It’s antibiotic-free, air chilled, raised free range with 100% vegetarian feed and no added hormones.
These chicken breast fillets are juicy and grill perfectly. Foster Farm’s free-range chickens have access to the outdoors, the West Coast sunshine, and lots of fresh air. Look for their products at a retailer near you or use their store finder.
How to Serve the Chicken Bowls
Dice the grilled chicken breasts, then serve in a bowl with a bed of lettuce and desired toppings such as pinto beans, tomatoes, avocado, fresh cilantro leaves, shredded cheese, and/or sour cream. Top with fresh-squeezed lime juice for extra flavor.
How to Store Leftovers
If you don’t plan on eating all the chicken at once, you can store the diced chicken in the fridge for up 3 days, or freeze for longer storage. Then assemble and serve as desired. You can serve it cold for leftovers or reheat the chicken and beans if desired.
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Chili Lime Grilled Chicken Bowls
Grilled Chili Lime Marinated Chicken
- 1.5 pounds Foster Farms Free Range Simply Raised Chicken Breast Fillets
- 3 medium limes, juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Ingredients to Make the Chicken Bowls
- ½ head lettuce, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed, then heated
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Fresh cilantro leaves, as a garnish
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Combine the chicken breasts and marinade ingredients in a large sealed bag or bowl. Toss to evenly coat. Marinated in the fridge for 8 hours (it’s best to prep in the morning so you can grill the chicken in the evening). Note: to save time you can marinate for 1 to 2 hours, but the flavor won’t infuse as well.
- Remove the marinated chicken from the fridge and let sit at room temp for about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat a gas or wood-fire grill to 400° F (medium-high).
- Place the chicken breasts on the grill and discard the leftover marinade. Grill for 8 minutes, or until the bottoms are slightly seared.
- Flip the chicken breasts and grill for 7 minutes more, or to an internal temp of 165° F.
- Remove the chicken and let sit at room temp for 5 minutes, then cut into small squares.
- To assemble the chicken bowls: Create a bed of lettuce in a bowl, then top with diced grilled chicken breasts and desired amount of toppings.
Leave a Reply