Refreshing Lavender Lemon Sparkler Cocktail. Real lavender flower buds and lemon zest infused simple syrup make this Lavender Lemon Sparkler Cocktail. Mixed with vodka, honey and soda water.
As I strive to be more creative in the kitchen, it’s fun to experiment with new methods and ingredients. This has lead to Olia and I trying canning. The official kind with plenty of jars, pectin, and sterilizing everything. It’s a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. Expect to see some recipes popping up here on the blog related to this. But that’s for another day, today we’re here for a Lavender Lemon Sparkler Cocktail.
Since I’ve also been making my own homemade tonic water, there’s plenty of spices, seeds and pods stocked in the pantry as well. Lavender flower buds are the newest addition. They’re surprisingly affordable, even for a large bag of organic. The smell is heavenly and reminds me of fresh summer days. Cooking them with a bit of sugar, water and lemon zest creates a unique lavender simple syrup perfect for cocktails or non-alcoholic drinks.
Create the lavender simple syrup ahead of time make this recipe even easier. Store it in the fridge, then simply mix with fresh lemon juice, honey, vodka and sparkling water. This lavender lemon sparkler is ready in minutes, giving you more time to socialize with friends and family at your summer gatherings.
Lavender Lemon Sparkler Cocktail recipe at-a-glance:
Difficulty: Super easy
Flavor profiles: Floral lavender paired with sweet and tangy.
Texture: Refreshing, crisp and slightly bubbly.
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Lavender Lemon Sparkler Cocktail
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ tablespoons lavender flower buds
- 1 medium lemon, zest of
- Ice cubes
- 4 ounces vodka
- 2 medium lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey, (use agave syrup for vegan)
- 8 ounces soda water
- Place sugar, water, lavender buds and lemon zest in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Stir, reduce to low and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely. Strain and discard solids.
- Place plenty of ice in a cocktail mixer or glass. Add 4-tablespoons of lavender simple syrup, plus vodka, lemon juice and honey.
- Stir vigorously until combined and chilled. Strain into two glasses, stir in 4-ounces soda water to each and add more ice if desired.