This easy homemade Cashew and Coconut Oil Vegan Granola includes oats, coconut oil, coconut flakes, dried apricots, cocoa nibs and protein powder for a healthy, wholesome breakfast.
I was surprised when I realized I’ve never created my own granola, let alone post it here. So this Cashew and Coconut Oil Vegan Granola is my first foray into the world of granola, and won’t be the last.
Homemade Vegan Granola
Homemade granolas are quick and incredibly easy. Just assemble the ingredients in a bowl and stir until combined. Spread out on a baking sheet, and bake to dry out and crisp.
This coconut oil granola is healthy, vegan and uses only natural agave syrup and molasses for added sweetness. Ingredients like cashews, sunflower seeds and dried apricots add plenty of nutrients, as well as texture variety.
I suggested added protein with your favorite protein powder, making this granola is a great way to fuel up in the morning, during a hike or post-workout. Try it as snack, as cereal or over yogurt for a quick and healthy granola you can enjoy anytime.
Cashew and Coconut Oil Vegan Granola recipe at-a-glance:
Flavor profiles: Sweet, salty, fruity and toasted
Texture: Crispy, crunchy and chewy
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Cashew and Coconut Oil Vegan Granola
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup cashew pieces
- ½ cup plant-based protein powder, vanilla flavor
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- ⅓ cup agave syrup
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup cocoa nibs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine all ingredients except salt in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Evenly spread granola mixture onto a rimmed, parchment-lined baking sheet. Lightly sprinkle with sea salt. Bake 6 minutes, then stir and bake 6 minutes more or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool completely. It will harden once cooled. Break up and store in a jar or airtight container.