Banana Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast recipe. Bananas and silky cream cheese melds with a fresh strawberry compote topping. Perfect Mother’s Day Brunch Recipe.
I could literally just scroll through Pinterest or read through my favorite food blogs for hours, just enjoying beautiful pictures of food. Maybe that’s part of what drew me to food blogging.
Stuffed French Toast
Banana Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast recipe you ask? Oh yes, this is a beautiful thing as well. Take your favorite French Toast recipe (I provide one below) and stuff it with with a rich, creamy, sweet and savory filling. Aren’t they dreamy?
Banana may be one of my favorite flavors in baking. Its flavor always adds depth to any recipe. Mash bananas into silky cream cheese that melds with crispy French Toast. Top with a fresh strawberry compote.
Tips for caramelizing fruit
- Heating bananas or other fruits brings out their sugars and increases flavors. You can pan cook, bake, roast or grill fruits and vegetables.
- Some fruits with high sugar amounts, like apples and bananas, will caramelize and brown when they cook.
Products used in this recipe:
Victorinox Fibrox 8-Inch Chef’s Knife
Stainless Steel Measuring Cups and Spoons Set
3-Piece Mixing Bowl Set, Blue/Green/Yellow
Cuisinart 5-Speed Hand Mixer
Nonstick Jumbo Cookware with Glass Lid, 5-Quart.
Leave a comment below or star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Banana Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast with Strawberry Topping
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 8-ounce package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 8 slices French or whole-wheat bread, about ½-inch thick
- 2/3 cups evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- In large skillet or non-stick pan melt butter on medium heat. Add bananas and brown sugar, sauté until softened. Stir in 1-teaspoon vanilla and remove from heat.
- In medium bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Add banana mixture and beat until combined. Evenly spread mixture on 4 slices of bread, and top with remaining bread.
- In a flat bowl whisk together milk, eggs, cinnamon and 1-teaspoon vanilla. Dip both sides of sandwiches to evenly coat. Melt remaining butter in large skillet or pan over medium heat. Toast sandwiches, 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked and golden brown.
- Meanwhile: Combine strawberries and sugar in a small sauce pan. Cook over medium heat until soft and heated through. Spoon over French toast.