Strawberry Lemon Cream Breakfast Tarts
Easy homemade Strawberry Lemon Cream Breakfast Tarts. Creamy, whipped lemon cream filling over flaky pastry squares, topped with fresh strawberries.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and ConAgra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringReddi #CollectiveBias
Spring is just around the corner and that means it’s time for a transition and new changes. Ingredients change from things like spices, sweet potatoes and hearty dishes to lighter, fresh recipes that include seasonal fruits. The celebrate the season I’ve created these Strawberry Lemon Cream Breakfast Tarts.
Beyond the seasonal recipe changes coming, I’m about to embark on some new life changes as well. Within the next couple weeks we’ll be moving to a new apartment and literally two days later, I’ll be starting my new job. It’s scary and exciting at the same time. Change is an inevitable part of life and leads to growth and new opportunities.
Thanks to fresh strawberries and citrus, these lemon cream breakfast tarts are a simple way to ease any upcoming transitions you may be having. Ready in about 20 minutes, you’ll have a bright and fresh dessert for any occasion.
The filling is a no-bake, no-chill mixture of cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and Reddi-wip®. That’s right, the cold whipped topping is also great in recipes. It adds a creamy, whipped texture to the filling that complements the flaky pastry base. Top with fresh strawberries for a simple spring dessert or breakfast tart. Be sure to add that classic whipped dollop for extra flavor and gorgeous presentation.
Strawberry Lemon Cream Breakfast Tarts recipe at-a-glance:
Flavor profiles: Sweet and tangy lemon cream filling with fresh, fruity strawberries and a buttery crust.
Texture: Creamy filling over a flaky pastry crust.
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6-ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Reddi-wip, plus extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Unroll pastry sheet onto lightly floured cutting board. Cut into 9 three-inch squares. Using a sharp knife, lightly score ½-inch in from edges to create an inner square. Poke centers multiple times with fork. Lightly brush tops with egg.
- Place pastry squares on a parchment lined baking sheet one inch apart, bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flatten centers with back of a spoon. Bake 7-10 minute more until golden brown. Remove from oven and press centers down one more time. Set aside.
- Meanwhile: In a medium bowl, beat or stir together remaining ingredients, except strawberries, until combined and smooth. Fill center of each pastry square with lemon cream mixture, top with chopped strawberries and a dollop of Reddi-wip. Serve immediately.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and post it on Instagram and tag @platingpixels or hashtag #platingpixels
Share or Pin this recipe if you like it. Thanks! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.