How to Grill Ribeye Steak (Guarenteed Moist and Tender)
Learn how to grill ribeye steak that is juicy and tender for a summer date night. Simple tips to cook the best rib eye steak on the grill.
This How to Grill Ribeye Steak post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com. All opinions are mine alone.
Trying new foods and restaurants is one of my favorite hobbies, and a great way to find new recipe inspiration. Generally we go at least once a week, and often to a new place. For the rest of the week, home cooked meals are the way to go. That doesn’t mean they have to be simple or an afterthought. With a few simple ingredients and some tips you can learn How to Grill Ribeye Steak for a Summer Date Night.
In this post I’ll share tips for cooking the best ribeye as well as how to create a simple date night at home. Ribeye steak comes from the lightly worked upper rib cage area, creating a tender, flavorful cut of meat. The marbled fat works well for fast, high heat cooking such as grilling.
Tips for How to Grill Ribeye Steak
- Use quality meat: Since flavor come only from the meat (plus some simple seasoning) it’s important to use high-quality meat for optimal flavor and texture. I used Fareway Meat Market which I’ll cover in more detail.
- Use a simple dry seasoning: Even just salt and pepper work well, or use a steak seasoning which includes ingredients such as garlic, salt, pepper, coriander, oregano and/or chili.
- Season meat ahead of time: Season at least 1-2 hours ahead of time, or overnight. This allows flavors to soak in and the salt helps tenderize meat proteins and creates juicer meat.
- Bring meat to room temperature: Let sit at least 30 minutes before cooking. This ensures more even cooking throughout and better internal temperature control.
- Use high heat, then reduce: Preheat grill to medium-high or about 500° F. Add steaks, close lid, then reduce heat to medium. This creates a quick sear on outsides, then finishes with even cooking.
- Cook to desired doneness: Check temp while on grill. Rare: 135 to 140° F. Medium Rare: 140° F. Medium: 155° F. Well Done: 165.° F
- Rest 5-10 minutes before cutting: This allows moisture to be absorbed back into meat proteins and reduces liquid loss.
For quality and flavor I used Fareway Meat Market. With 80-years of experience, they provide Midwest-raised, cut-to-order meat from expert butchers. It’s hand-cut fresh, tender and rich in flavor, without any of the additives that come from processing. Shipments always contain the highest quality meat products and will always exceed expectations for both size and quality, arriving frozen to ensure proper food quality and safety.
Looking for perfect dinners for a great summer date night? Try their Date Night Bundle that includes two 10 oz. Iowa Pork Chops, two 8 oz. America’s Cut Boneless Pork Chops, and two 12 oz. Beef Ribeye Steaks. Regular Price: $84.97, Bundle Price: $59.99. Fareway Meat Market also provides meats such as Butcher’s Blend Ground Beef and Premium Steak Burgers, made exclusively with the highest quality cuts of steak and ground to perfection. Enter code “meatlover” to receive $20 off your first meat delivery service order.
For a simple appetizer or after dinner snack try Popchips. These healthy snacks are cooked using heat and pressure, never fried, and include only real ingredients–no preservatives, artificial ingredient or flavors. Try their Buffalo Ranch Ridges or Barbeque flavor, with tangy sauce and a hint of smoke on every chip. They’re great plain but also work well with dips.
Try pairing a simple cocktail with grilled ribeye steak on your barbecue-themed summer date nate. Southern Breeze Cold Brew Sweet Tea Bags make sweet tea quick and easy. Established in 2014, it’s Southern style sweet tea without loads of sugar or guilt. The calorie free sweetener is already in the tea bag and all their iced teas can be made in just 5 minutes. They’re available in 4 flavors (original, peach, raspberry, half tea half lemonade) and individually wrapped for easy on-the-go tea. Learn more and get free shipping on your first order.
Southern Sweet Tea Bourbon Cocktail: Mix half Southern Breeze Cold Brew Sweet Tea and half lemonade. Pour in a glass filled with ice and stir in desired amount of bourbon.
How to Grill Ribeye Steak
Learn how to grill ribeye steaks that are moist and tender with these simple tips.
- 2 large Beef Ribeye Steaks 8-12 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
Generously season both sides of steaks with steak seasoning. Make sure seasoning includes salt to help tenderize meat. Let sit in fridge at least 1 hour, up to overnight. Remove from fridge and bring to room temperature, 30-45 minutes, before cooking.
Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat, about 500° F. Place steaks on grill, close lid and reduce heat to medium. Cook 4-6 minutes until bottoms are seared. Rotate and cook about 5 minutes more, or until internal temp of 135° F for rare to medium rare.
Remove from grill and let sit 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving. It will continue to cook slightly, about 5° F, while resting.
If you make this recipe, take a photo and post it on Instagram and tag @platingpixels or hashtag #platingpixels.
Share or Pin this recipe if you like it. Thanks! Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.