Healthy Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta with Whole Wheat Spaghetti. Garlic lemon shrimp over a bed of whole wheat noodles with kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, capers and feta cheese.
Within this post you’ll make a lightened up Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta that takes less than 30 minutes.
I’ve been focusing on eating healthier lately, and shifting in that direction on the blog as well. However that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy tradition classics like spaghetti. To lighten up this recipe I’ve made healthy modifications, without sacrificing any flavors. I dare say this is even more flavorful than your standard pasta.
Since this is Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta, it’s loaded with classic flavors like garlic, lemon, capers, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts and feta cheese. The shrimp keeps in lower in calories and fat, while being full of nourishing lean protein. Cooked in a bit of (healthy) olive oil and garlic, then mixed with fresh squeezed lemon, it’s a flavorful treat in itself.
Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta recipe at-a-glance:
Flavor profiles: Tangy, garlicky mixed with fresh seafood flavor.
Texture: Tender shrimp mixed with al dente spaghetti noodles.
Dietary options/Substitutions: For gluten free use GF noodles or omit.
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta with Whole Wheat Spaghetti
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti noodles, uncooked (or gluten-free noodles)
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1- pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- ¼ cup artichoke hearts, oil packed with liquid removed
- ¼ cup kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot. Salt if desired and cook noodles until al dente, 5-8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile: Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan or skillet to medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes, until lightly browned. Stir in shrimp and cook 6-10 minutes, or until opaque white. Squeeze juice from lemons and stir in, remove from heat.
- In a dish or divided onto plates, spoon spaghetti sauce over cooked noodles. Top with shrimp (including any liquid in pan; remove tails now if desired) and remaining ingredients.