This One Pot Tropical Shrimp Stir Fry is a wholesome meal made with shrimp, onion, bell pepper, pineapple, coconut milk and jasmine rice in a homemade Asian-style sauce.
My recent culinary trip to Belize provided some valuable recipe inspiration. Most of the ingredients such as meats, seafood, vegetables, and spices are similar to what you’d find here in the States, but the focus is on simplicity, freshness, and quality. Most dishes used minimal ingredients, with each element adding distinct flavors.
Easy Shrimp Stir Fry
While not a Central American dish, this One Pot Tropical Shrimp Stir Fry with Coconut Rice is definitely inspired by this concept. A common theme there was seafood and lots of it. We just missed the lobster season, but there were plenty of whole grilled and steamed fish, as well as shrimp options available.
Many of the menu items featured seafood paired with fresh tropical fruits. One of my favorite meals there was fish tacos with a tangy sauce and chopped mango salsa.
Simple Ingredients for a Shrimp Stir-Fry
Life can be busy and hectic, but that doesn’t mean you can’t cook unique meals, even on weeknights. This Tropical Shrimp Stir Fry is cooked in one pot for easy cleanup, and ready in less than 15 minutes, thanks to its simple list of quick-cooking ingredients. Onion and bell pepper add wholesome flavor, paired with tender shrimp, sweet pineapple, rich coconut milk, and savory liquid aminos (a gluten-free alternative to soy sauce, which I’ve recently been getting into).
To save even more time, I used quick-cooking jasmine rice. This aromatic and perfectly tender rice makes this recipe quick and easy.
With little time and effort, you can enjoy this One Pot Tropical Shrimp Stir Fry with Coconut Rice anytime. It’s a fun and creative meal full of wholesome ingredients. It also works well for leftovers or meal prep, making it a flavorful addition to your easy recipe list.
More Shrimp Recipes You Might Like
- Shrimp Ceviche Tacos
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
- Tropical Shrimp Tacos
- Coconut Shrimp Springrolls
- Shrimp Scampi Flatbread
- Mediterranean Shrimp Tacos
- Easy Shrimp Paella
- Shrimp and Sausage Jambalaya
- Shrimp Fajita Skewers
More Asian and stir fry recipes you may like:
Leave a comment below and star rating if you made this recipe or want to share your thoughts.
Are you following me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter? Also, sign up for our newsletter to get all our recipes and cooking tips.
One Pot Tropical Shrimp Stir Fry with Coconut Rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large red or orange bell peppers, largely chopped
- 2 stalks green onion, sliced
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup drained pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 16 ounces pre-cooked Jasmin rice
- Heat coconut oil in large non-stick pan or wok to medium heat. Add onion and cook 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until fragrant. Stir in bell pepper and green onion, cook 4-6 minutes more until tender.
- Add shrimp and cook 2-3 minutes, or until opaque. Stir in remaining ingredients except for rice. Continue cooking until warm. Remove from heat.
- Cook rice according to package direction. Serve with tropical shrimp and vegetable mixture.